These are only a small sampling of the exciting events happening in Alpharetta this winter. From warm nights in tasting the best of Napa to chilly outings in the snow, there is no reason you shouldn’t be enjoying this season! There is still some winter left to enjoy, so take full advantage of the snow and these five seasonal events before they are gone and the snow has melted.
1. Wine and Dine Napa Valley: Escape the cold and transport yourself to the soothing hills Napa Valley with Publix Apron’s Wine & Dine Napa Valley evening. At $50 per person on January 26th, you can enjoy a four-course meal with wine pairings from Napa Valley. Book your space and you can taste savory duck enchiladas and Korean style BBQ beef short ribs as you sip on the Napa’s finest wines.
2. Take a Winter Wonderland Tour at the North Georgia Zoo: On Saturdays from now through February, the whole family can experience the North Georgia Zoo’s animals in the snow. Kids can learn all about the science behind how animals adapt in the cold and even give out snacks to some of the animals. These tours are only offered on select dates and times, so make sure to call ahead or book online to reserve your spot. Tickets are $28 for adults and $26 for children, but join the Zoo’s mailing list and receive a $5 off coupon!
North Georgia Zoo
3. Attend the 7th Annual Fire and Ice Chili Cook-Off: On February 18th, head down to the Blue Ridge City Park on Main Street from 12-4 p.m. for some ice sculpting, a chili cook-off and live music. Ever wonder how an ice sculpture is made? You’ll finally learn with professional ice carvers demonstrating their skills. Kids can even learn how to make their own sculptures with the help of the professionals. Chili cook-off goers can purchase a $10 tasting to sample the variety of chilies made from scratch.
Fire and Ice Chili Cook-Off
4. Take a Trip to Snow Mountain: Until February 26th, families can take advantage of fun snow activities merely minutes from downtown Atlanta. Thrill-seekers can get a rush from Atlanta’s only 400-foot tubing hill, Avalanche Alley. Kids and adults can take a ride down the renowned Memorial Lawn either alone or with a friend on their new 2016 attraction, Tube Runners. Guests can also build a snowman, experience an igloo city or throw snowballs at the SnowZone. For families with little ones under three-years-old, head to Little Angels for their bunny slope.
Escape to the Southeast
5. Prepare for the Super Bowl With a Tailgate-Inspired Recipe & Beer Pairing: Jekyll Brewing is the first brewery located in Alpharetta, Georgia and is home to a variety distinct beers that embody the creativity craft beer industry. On January 28th, you can pair their beers with a $45 demonstration of tailgate inspired recipes. You’ll be prepared for your own Super Bowl LI party when the New England Patriots take on Atlanta Falcons with this evening under your belt.
Looking for an apartment in the Atlanta area? Look no further than IMT Residential!